Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Campaign Pitch - Bluetongue Beer

* I HAD TO REMOVE THE IMAGE FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS, THEN IT WILL BE BACK UP*

Some friends of mine who run a web design studio here in Sydney asked me to help them knock up some artwork for a pitch to Bluetongue Beer - a local premium, niche beverage.

It normally frustrates me to work for those types of brands - but in this case I couldn’t resist indulging in the concept. My brief was essentially to create a giant fantasy brewery interior environment, colourful, playful, and magical. I mean how can you resist?

I had just downloaded some new brushes and found the painting a lot of fun and I actually learned a shitload on it too. I had one day in-house in their studio to do it - inside their working hours, which was another great experience having such a limited time in the studio and outside my normal working time. The concept took about 2-3 hours to nail through thumbnails and revision, then about 5 hours to paint it up.

Here’s what came out: I hope they go with the pitch as i would love to finish the painting and continue concepting for it…


No comments: